Top 13 GeoGuessr Alternatives: Complete Guide
GeoGuessr is a very popular game right now. If you have been playing this game, you might know how to play this web-based game. However, if you are finding some similar games like this one, we are here to help you out. We are sharing top GeoGuessr alternatives in this article.
The popularity of this game is increasing nowadays. That’s why many people are searching for some alternatives to this game. We have handpicked the twelve best alternatives of GeoGussr. Make sure you are reading all the features before choosing one. So, let’s get started.
What is GeoGuessr?
Before we start this GeoGuessr alternatives guide, we need to understand the basics of this game. As we mentioned above, Geo Guessr is a popular web-based game that is based on geographic location. That means you need to discover your geographic location by using clues.
GeoGuessr was designed by a Swedish IT consultant, Anton Wallén in 2013. The idea of developing this game came from Google Street View. He wanted to make location discovery interesting by creating a game.
As it’s getting popular among gamers, the website is getting thousands of visitors every day. Hence, it got thousands of visitors within a week after its release. This game uses several tools to make it more exciting.
Why is GeoGuessr so Popular?
You see, GeoGuessr is becoming very popular nowadays. Since the release, the website is getting many visitors every day. There are several reasons for its increasing popularity. One of the strongest causes is this game’s simple interface.
Even though GeoGuessr is a popular game, it is also considered an educational game. Well, that’s why people don’t get addicted easily. Parents also prefer GeoGuessr for their children. No matter if you are playing this one or GeoGuessr alternatives, you will learn a lot of things by playing.
How to Play GeoGuessr
When you are playing GeoGuessr, the application will put you in five semi-random locations. The game will show you the limited paths and roads that are available in Google Street View. However, you can’t get more details from this tool.
When you are ready to play the game, they will place the location marker on that particular area. After that, GeoGuessr will reveal the geographic location and will give you hints to improve your score. This is the basis that many web-based GeoGuessr alternatives are using.
Top GeoGuessr Alternatives
Now, you know what GeoGuessr is and how to play it. If you have been playing this game for a long time and want to play a new one, you need to read the following list. Here is the list of top GeoGuessr alternatives:
When it comes to the best alternatives to GeoGuessr, you have to choose Seterra. The best thing about this web-based video game is they provide fun quizzes to make the game more exciting.
- Comes with nine-game modes
- More than 400 maps are available in 40+ languages
- You can custom quizzes with friends and family
You can use the free version of www.seterra.com initially. If you want to upgrade, you can subscribe for $1.99/month.
Just like Seterra, PlayGeography is one of the best GeoGuessr alternatives right now. This platform is created by an educational firm called TeachMe. This game is good for those people who want to learn about world geography.
- Each game has a timer for quick answers
- PlayGeography has 2D maps and quizzes
PlayGeography is completely free to use.
3. City Guesser
If you are looking for a free alternative to GeoGuessr, you need to check what City Guessr is offering. Instead of using Google Maps API, City Guesser uses a full video. You can play this game either by joining the public room or creating a private one.
- You can get a full-screen video for any random location
- This game also has a multiplayer mode, so you can compete with your friends and family.
City Guesser is free to play.
Geotastic is one of the best GeoGuessr alternatives. Besides being a free platform, this game provides various geography trivia questions. You can play Geotastic with your friends and family.
- Has different game modes, flag guessing modes, and popular landmarks
- You can either play by using single-player mode or online lobby
- This game covers more than 80 countries
This game is completely free to play. However, you can donate to Geotastic.
GetLost is another free alternative to GeoGuessr. This game is mainly focused on the geographical location of India and the US. GetLost also includes hints for random maps. You need to create an account to play this game.
- GetLost does not have a multiple player mode
- This game is mainly focused on the US, so you can find a location easily.
- You can play up to five games per day
You can use the free version of GetLost. If you want to get the premium version, you need to pay $2.99/month.
6. Hide & Seek World
If you are looking for a fun geography game, Hide & Seek World is the ideal one for you. This trivia game has a great concept. Plus, you can have multiple-player experience in this web-based game.
- This game has two modes; Satellite and Street View
- Hide & Seek World has a multiplayer mode, so you can enjoy it with your friends
- You can app up to 20 players on the private mode
Hide & Seek World has a free version. If you want to get the paid version, you have to pay $3/month.
7. World Geography Games
World Geography Games are very entertaining. The best thing is this game is ideal for everyone. However, this game will test your geography skill while you are playing.
- World Geography Games include 3D mapping and videos
- This game is quite hard at some point
You can play World Geography Games free of cost.
Ducksters is one of the popular GeoGuessr alternatives right now. If you are looking for a game that covers all the states of the US, you can try this one. You can also play some amazing games such as word searches, crossword puzzles, and mapping games in this portal.
- Ducksters includes a geography word search
- This game allows you to play with printable offline maps
- Ideal for those people who want a game that covers all US states
Ducksters is also free to use. There’s no paid version available.
9. Lizard Point
Lizard Point has some cool features and tons of quizzes related to world geography. If you want to improve your geography skill, this one is one of the best GeoGuessr alternatives. When you are visiting the homepage, it will show some popular quizzes.
- A good collection of geography quizzes
- You can use the study mode while playing. It can give you extra information
Playing Lizard Point is completely free. You are getting good content free of cost
Zoomtastic is a very interesting alternative to GeoGuessr. By playing this game, you can learn a lot of things about the various locations. Thus, it’s ideal for kids. By giving each correct answer, you will get 100 points. Many people believe that Zoomtastic is one of the leading GeoGuessr alternatives right now.
- You are getting 30 seconds to answer
- Zoomtastic is also mobile-friendly
- This game has amazing graphic
You can play Zoomtastic for free. They are providing such knowledge and experience for free.
11. GuessWhere Challenge
GuessWhere Challenge is another great alternative to GeoGuessr. This app is exclusively designed for Android devices. The best thing about this game is it will virtually teleport you to a random destination. You have to guess the location by seeing a panorama.
- Comes with different geo-challenges
- GuessWhere Challenge has several gaming modes such as multiple options and remote places
- You can play with your friends and family by using multiplayer mode
GuessWhere Challenge is free to play. However, you can only play this game if you have an Android device.
12. Where Am I?
Last but not least, Where Am I is one of the most promising GeoGuessr alternatives on this list. Hence, this game is ideal for minimalists. To play this game, you have to hover over the location and they will show you hints.
- Where Am I is deal for mobile browsers
- Provides add-free experience
- You have to guess the answer by using a panoramic view
Being a fun game, Where Am I is available for free. Plus, this app comes with add-free features.
Users of the website MapCrunch can virtually travel to any location in a Google Street View tour. It served as the inspiration for a multiplayer web game where players had to navigate from a generated point to an airport.
- Start your exploration of the world with Google Street View, then let Mapcrunch take you to random locations all across the planet. Enjoy the diverse images that Google has captured in numerous nations.
- As Mapcrunch continuously adds the best photos uploaded by users worldwide, let the breathtaking countryside enthral you! You can view many of the stunning Street Views on your screen with just one mouse click. From the available panel or the map, you select the nations.
Mapcrunch Is Free To Play
You see, there are several alternatives available for GeoGuessr. We have covered a total of twelve GeoGuessr alternatives. If you are looking for something different, you can choose one of these. Make sure you are visiting their official website to get more details.
For more information, you can start your research. If you are a newbie, make sure you are playing the free version first. It can improve your knowledge to play the premium version.