Internet Download Manager – Complete Guide 2022
Internet Download Manager (IDM) is software that enhances download speeds by up to 5 times, resumes, and schedules downloads. IDM smoothly works on Google Chrome, Safari, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer, Maxthon, and other popular browsers. It provides the feature drag and drop files or uses IDM from the command line. Moreover, it supports the proxy servers, HTTP protocols, FTP, authorization, cookies, firewalls, redirects, video content, and MP3 audio processing.
What is the Internet Download Manager?
The Internet Download Manager is a shareware download manager. Also, it allows you to download the program, and you can use these download managers for free, and for advanced features, try out paid versions.
How Does the Internet Download Manager Work?
When you want to download a file with IDM software, it creates multiple requests to the server for different parts of your file. This process makes it download the file faster than any web browser available. You can manage a stop, pause, restart, resume any download as long as the valid address.
[Read more: Best Hard Drive Cloning Software 2022]
Top Features of Internet Download Manager
These are the top features of the best IDM features:
- Downloads files with one click
- Supports a wide range of browsers and apps
- Built-in antivirus check
- Downloads multiple files
- Accelerates downloads up to 5x
- Quick and easy installation
- Schedules downloads
- Supports drag-and-drop interface
- Has advanced browser integration
- Provides a customizable interface
- Sets download limits
How to Use Internet Download Manager?
There are simple steps to follow from the main interface, and you can also see multiple control buttons. If you want to download the file, then you need to add the URL you wish to download.
- Firstly, click the start/resume button to start downloading.
- Then, you can use the pause button to postpone the download.
- Moreover, use stop suspending file downloads.
- Also, you can set the schedule to start or stop downloading files.
How to Increase the Speed of Internet Download Manager?
Internet Download Manager can enhance your download speeds 5 times, consistent with the application developer. Also, you can look at the download rate of a record. It is actively downloading in Internet Download Manager. Viewing the transfer rate column to peer if the rate lives as much as the claim. You want to download vital commercial enterprise documents faster.
- Launch Internet Download Manager in case you aren’t presently strolling it. Then, tap on the downloads button at the IDM menu bar and pass to Speed Limiter.
- After that, click on Turn off to ensure that destiny downloads will maximize the velocity of your connection.
- Go again to the downloads menu and click options. Go to the Connection tab and set the connection Type/Speed to LAN 10Mbs. So this system will use greater of your connection’s bandwidth for downloading documents.
- Set the Default max. Conn. number placing to 8 is a great place to optimize download speeds without stressing the server web website hosting the record.
- Then, click the OK button to shut the configuration window and observe the settings.
- Close another strolling package that is probably the use of your Internet connection. It connects with browsers with lively downloads or packages that actively fetch statistics online. Download a record of the service of Internet Download Manager or resume a download for your queue and near your Internet browser another time to be aware of the rate boom.
[Read more: VipTools APK Download – Complete Guide 2022]
How to Force Download Files in IDM?
There are simple steps to execute the process to force download files in IDM.
- Open IDM on your system.
- Then, go to Downloads >> Options.
- Now, navigate to the General >> Keys.
- Here, you can configure different keys to force download with IDM.
- Then, checkmark both of the boxes that appear on the upper side. Now, you can choose different keys that you can choose from.
- After that, tap on the OK button and configure the keys.
- At last, first press that selected key and then clicks on the download link.
How to Fix “this version of IDM does not support this type of downloading”?
Method 1: Update IDM
As you word that IDM notifications are ready that the model of IDM hooked up for your Windows PC does now no longer helps this downloading on google force or every other website.
Method 2: Copy and Paste Download URL
If you’re attempting to download a google pressure record and IDM indicates you this model of IDM doesn’t guide this downloading, also you may comply with this method.
- Copy the download hyperlink of the record that you need to download.
- Paste that URL into the IDM Add URL section.
- Click now Start Download button
- Your description begins off evolved downloading.
[Read more: What Is Cloud Hosting and How Does It Work?]
Top IDM Alternatives
Let us discuss the top alternative software of the Internet Download Manager.
1. Xtreme Download Manager
This software claims a download speed of up to increase 500%. Moreover, it provides the best service to the users without bells and whistles to give IDM stiff competition. Also, it uses the best connection reuse, segmentation algorithms, and data compression to expedite the downloading speed. It equally supports the HTTP, HTTPS, and FTP protocols. You can easily run this software at Google Chrome, Opera, Firefox Quantum, and Vivaldi.
Features of Xtreme Download Manager:
- Download 5 times faster.
- Allow download any streaming video.
- Option to download Resume.
- Works with all browsers.
- Smart Scheduler, Speed limiter, and queued downloads.
- Support for the authentication, proxy server, and other advanced features.
Website Link: https://xtremedownloadmanager.com/#downloads
2. Download Ninja
It is the best alternative to the IDM software. You can easily download it and enjoy the user-friendly interface. Moreover, you can use this software as an extension, and you do not need to download it to your system. Add it to your Chrome browser, and you can also use it easily. Additionally, it provides the many types of services we will mention in the section below.
Features of Download Ninja:
- Pause and Resume Downloads
- Blazingly fast downloads
- Sequential file writing
- Offers drag and drop options.
- Add multiple downloads at a time.
- You can schedule downloads.
- Allow to password Manage.
- Sequential file writing
- Clipboard Monitor
- Proxy Support
Price: Starts from $19 to $49
3. Internet Download Accelerator
Internet Download Accelerator is also the most popular software and comes with many features. It carries a lot of similarities to IDM and is still free. Its user interface is quite simple, and you can also use it for your personal and commercial purposes. Additionally, you can buy its paid version for advanced functions. It is available for Windows platforms.
Features Internet Download Accelerator:
- Offers scheduled downloading.
- Allow video and MP3 download.
- Multilingual support.
- Accelerated downloading up to 5 times.
This software is available for Windows. It has some advanced features like IDM like accelerated download speeds, setting speed limits, scheduling downloads, applying themes, and browser integration. Moreover, It has its malware checked to protect the files on your computer. It allows you to import your download list from another download manager to EagleGet. Its user interfaces are simple, and It is also easy to access and lightweight. It is available for Windows.
Features of EagleGet:
- Available silent mode to temporarily turn off download notifications.
- EagleGet runs smoothly with popular web browsers.
- Option to multimedia management and storage.
- There are certain speed limits for specific downloads.
FlashGet is a fast download manager that is very effective. It can enhance your downloads up to 10 times compared to IDM’s 5 times. It has some similarities with IDM. Also, it allows you to create unlimited download categories, and you can call your antivirus program automatically when the download is finished. The features make it very special, and it comes with a user-friendly user interface. This software is available for Windows operating system.
Features of FlashGet:
- Optimize the system resources.
- Increase the speed and stability.
- Call antivirus automatically.
- Support HTTP, FTP, BT, eMule, and other various protocols.
The Internet download manager is the best browser to enhance download speeds. It is more compatible with various browsers like Safari, Google Chrome, Opera, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Maxthon, Internet Explorer, and other popular browsers. Also, we have explained the different aspects of the Internet download manager.