Top Things to Mind When Choosing a Long-Distance Moving Company
It doesn’t matter how many times you do it, a long-distance move is pretty stressful. There are loads of things to take into account and plan beforehand that your head may eventually swim at the very thought of it. Numerous things, on the other hand, might make life a little easier for you. For instance, if you choose not to do it yourself but turn to the services of a professional moving company that will alleviate that relocation headache and help you move across the country or to another state not that overwhelming.
You should agree that it sounds very tempting to get rid of that burden and shift responsibility off your shoulders and on to those of another one to make the experience not that stressful and long. However, the question remains: how to have peace of mind knowing that your precious belongings are safe and secure? It’s pretty simple: make your long-distance relocation fast, efficient, and uncomplicated with the help of professional movers.
How to Choose the Best Cross-Country Movers?
There might be dozens of movers in your neighborhood, although not all of them might be ideal for your needs. Therefore, we recommend that you follow this algorithm when looking for the best Boston long-distance mover:
1. Do your own research to locate moving companies in your area or across the country that provide long-distance moving services. You may look them up on the Internet or ask your relatives, friends, or neighbors for recommendations. Make a list of companies and check to see whether they offer transportation for the distance of your relocation before making a final decision.
2. Contact the potential movers and ask them for an in-home evaluation. This will help you to know exactly how much movers charge for their services. Unless they’ve seen your house or apartment, they won’t be able to provide you with precise prices over the phone. If some specific service isn’t offered by the moving company, you may eventually pay more at the end. So it’s of primary importance to discuss all the issues beforehand and get the correct estimate.
3. Mention all the possessions you’re taking with you. Transporting large and fragile items can be expensive because it takes more time and effort to pack/unpack, load/unload, and move them. Make sure the movers of your choice have an equipped and large enough truck to carefully transport all of your things.
4. Ask questions. Don’t hesitate to inquire about the moving costs and schedule. Many reputable moving companies provide GPS tracking so that you could know where your stuff is. If you’re worried about delays or possible damage, it is acceptable to request guarantees from the company.
5. Ensure the inspector who has conducted an in-house survey leaves the pricing in writing. It is of vital importance to have the final price documented in the moving agreement or contract, not just merely discussed. This will help you avoid any sort of trouble at the end of your relocation. There are frequent cases when people need to pay more than discussed before the moving process because of some additional services that cost additional money. Sounds unpleasant, doesn’t it?
Once you’ve discussed the above-mentioned issues with several moving companies, you may finally decide which one to go with. Make a list of what you want and stick to it. The following are the standard requirements a good company should have:
· Experience. If the company has been on the market for years and conducted lots of relocations, it means they know how to do it and do it professionally. It’s really important to know the basic procedure, possess special qualities, and be aware of how to do that furniture weight-lifting correctly not to hurt yourself or your stuff. Expert movers have the skills and experience to make the move hassle-free;
· Reliability. Request a license or check the US Department of Transportation for that information. Also, make sure to inquire about the guarantees;
· Price. Beware of cheap moving services as the quality of your relocation may suffer. The cost should be reasonable and cover a range of services such as packing and unpacking, loading and unloading, storage, transportation of huge and fragile items, pieces of furniture, antiquities, office equipment, etc. Contact a few moving companies, look at price lists on websites, or request an estimate to get an idea of what you should expect to pay for the relocation services;
· Positive feedback from customers. There are many services to choose from, and you must select the most trustworthy and reputable one to be sure your relocation is simple and trouble-free.