How to Fix the CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe Error?
Windows 10 users face different issues every time. Well, CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe is one of the most common problems every user faces. There are several reasons in this case. If you are having the same problem, we can solve it.
In this article, we are sharing the top methods to remove and fix the CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe issue. You can fix the problem by following some easy steps. We are also covering some other information regarding this issue.
Make sure you are reading each point before doing actual implementation on them. So, let’s find out how to solve the CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe issue.
What Is CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe?
Before we start discussing the solutions, we have to know the basics of CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe. In simple words, it’s a component of CefSharp. This component was developed by CefSharp Authors.
On the other hand, CefSharp is the web browser in the #C app. Well, this is an executable file. You need a specific device to install this file on your computer. This file’s usual location is C:\Program Files (x86). Well, this is not a Windows-based component. So, you have to remove or uninstall CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe from your PC.
[Read more: How to Fix YouTube Audio Renderer Error?]
Is CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe safe to run? Is it a virus or malware?
There are some common questions regarding CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe. Is it safe to run? Is CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe a virus file? We have your answers. You can check it by yourself.
Go to the Task Manager and check the location of CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe. If the developer of this file is legitimate, this is not a virus file. If the developer looks suspicious, you have to remove this file from your computer.
Should You Remove CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe?
As we noted above, it depends on the file. You have to check if the CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe file is suspicious or not. Well, this file does not cause any issue under normal circumstances.
If the CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe file causes issues on your CPU, you have to remove or uninstall it.
On the other hand, you can also apply some methods to fix the problem. In the following section, we are sharing how to fix CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe.
How to Remove or Uninstall CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe
When the CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe file is creating issues, it would be better to uninstall it. In this case, you have to follow some steps to remove this file from your PC. Let’s find out:
- If the CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe file is a part of the software program, then you have to run the Uninstaller. Go to the program file, then click on the ‘The CefSharp Authors’ option
- Next, select ‘AOL Desktop Gold’ and ‘CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess’. Then, select ‘CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe_uninstall.exe’
- On the other hand, you can also uninstall the file by using the System Setting. You can apply this method when you have installed the file by using Windows Installer.
- Then, you have to check the developer’s name. Go to the ‘Uninstall Program’ option and remove CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe.
How to Fix CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe High CPU Issue
Now, you know how to remove the CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe file from your computer. Well, you can also fix this issue by implementing some methods. In the following, we are sharing the top three methods to fix the CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe high CPU issue:
Method 1: End the CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe -Related Processes
The easiest process to fix CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe is ending the file-related processes. In this case, you have to follow some below steps:
- First, you have to right-click on the ‘Startup’ option to open Task Manager
- You will find a list there, right-click on ‘CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe’.
- Then, select ‘End Task’
- You can also disable CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe related files that are running in the background
Method 2: Delete the CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe Files
Deleting the CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe files is another good method to fix this issue. Hence, you can end this problem permanently by following these steps:
- Press Windows + E keys together, it will open File Manager
- Locate the CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe file and right-click to open the location
- Next, you have to select all CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe files and then select the ‘Delete’ option
[Read more: What is com.wssyncmldm and How to Fix it?]
Method 3: Give a Full Scan to the Device
Last but not the least, you can give a full scan to the device to fix CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe. In some cases, this issue can occur when your device has viruses. So, you can scan your device.
- Install AdvancedSystemCare on your computer
- Click on the ‘Scan’ option under Clean & Optimize
- After the scanning process is done, hit the ‘Fix’ button
Method 4: Try To Do System Restore
If the problem persists, you can use the System Restore feature in Windows to restore your computer to a legitimate restore point based on the date and time when there was no problem with it.
Step 1: To open the ‘System Restore’ app, press the ‘Windows + R’ keys on your keyboard, type ‘rstrui’ in the ‘Run’ box, then hit the ‘Ok’ button.
Step 2: Click ‘Next,’ select a legitimate restore point based on the date and time when the computer was working normally, and then click ‘Next > Finish’ to begin the restoring process. Once complete, restart your computer and check if the problem has been repaired.
Method 5: Check for Windows Update And Update It
If the first two steps do not resolve the issue, we recommend that you run Windows Update. Many CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe.config error messages that occur can be due to older Windows operating systems.
Follow the steps below if you want to run the windows update:
- Click the Start Windows button.
- Type Update in the search box and click on enter.
- In the Windows Update dialog box, check for updates and click on it
- If you can download the update, click Install Update. When the update is complete, try to restart your PC.
- If Windows Update is unable to resolve the CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe.config error message, proceed to the next step.
- Note: The last step is recommended only for advanced PC users.
Finally, you know how to fix the CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe CPU issue. We have shared the best methods to fix this issue. Moreover, we also shared how to remove or uninstall this file from your computer. Make sure you are reading everything and implementing them very carefully. For more details, you can start your research for better information.