How to Turn Off Google Assistant on Android Phone or Tablet?
Google Assistant is a very good tool for Android users. Hence, many people are using this tool on their tablets. However, many people don’t prefer Google Assistant when they are using their phones. If you are one of them, you have to read this article to turn off Google Assistant.
You see, Google Assistant is a virtual assistant that is available on all Android devices by default. In most cases, you have to control this by voice command. Well, this virtual assistant is very helpful. Many people use it to complete daily life tasks.
However, some people don’t prefer this virtual assistant. That’s why we are sharing how to turn off Google Assistant from your device. We are covering some useful methods to solve this issue. Make sure you are reading them carefully. We will also share how to turn on this again. So, let’s get started.
How to Turn Off Google Assistant on Android Phone or Tablet
As we noted before, there are some simple methods to turn off Google Assistant from your smartphone or tablet. In most cases, people are applying three common methods. The good thing is they are super easy.
You just need a few seconds to complete these processes. In the following list, we are sharing these three methods. Let’s find out.
Method 1: Turn off the “OK, Google/Hey, Google” command
The easiest and most popular method to turn off the virtual assistant by using the command. Most people are following this method to get rid of this virtual assistant. In the following, let’s find out how to start this process:
- First, you have to open the Google app on your Android smartphone or tablet
- Locate the profile icon and click on ‘More’
- Then, locate the ‘Settings’ option and select. There you can find the Google Assistant option
- After selecting that option, you have to click on ‘Voice Match’ and then turn off a command called ‘Ok, Google/Hey, Google’
- Next, you will see a pop-up that will ask you if you want to turn off the command for the driving apps as well. Click OK.
- On the other hand, you can change the setting by using the ‘Driving Settings’ option. There, turn off the ‘While driving option.
If this method is not working, you can also choose another method. You have to follow the steps:
- First, open the ‘Settings’ option and go to the ‘Google’ option
- Select ‘Settings for Google Apps’
- From that option, select the ‘Search, Assistant, and Voice’ button
- Then, turn off the ‘Ok, Google/Hey, Google’ command
[Read more: What is com.wssyncmldm and How to Fix it?]
Method 2: Disable Google Assistant on Home Button
If the first method is not working, you should disable Google Assistant on the home button. Even this sounds difficult, but you only need a few clicks to complete the process. Most people use this method as the alternative to command one. To implement this process, make sure you are doing the following steps:
- First, select the ‘Settings’ option and open Apps
- Then, locate the ‘Default Apps/Application’ option and select it
- The go to the ‘Assistance & voice input/Assist app’ option and select none
Method 3: Turn off the Google Assistant Completely
If you want to turn off this virtual assistant app completely from your Android device, you have to follow some simple steps. As AI can be very annoying, you can apply this method. Let’s find out how to implement this process by following these steps:
- To start this process, open the ‘Google’ app on your smartphone
- Next, you have to select the profile icon, then select ‘More’
- Then, you have to click on the ‘Settings’ option and select Google Assistant
- Scroll down until you find the ‘General’ option
- A pop-up will show up and then turn off ‘Google Assistant’
Besides this method, there is another easy method you can apply. If the first option is not working, you should definitely implement this one. In the following, we are sharing this method to turn off this virtual assistant completely:
- First, open the virtual assistant and say ‘Hey Google, open Assistant settings’
- You will see the ‘All Settings’ option and scroll down until you find the ‘General’ option
- There, you can find a pop-up option. You have to select the ‘Turn Off’ option to turn off Google Assistant
[Read more: What is content://com.android.browser.home/?]
How To Turn On Google Assistant On Android Phone or Tablet
Well, turning Google Assistant on your Android smartphone or tablet is very easy. If you are using this app for the first time, make sure this virtual assistant app is not turned off on your device. On the other hand, you can turn on this app even after turning it off.
To turn on Google Assistant, you have to open the Google Assistant app. If it’s turned off, go to the bottom to find the ‘Turn on’ option and select it.
How To Turn Off Google Assistant On Android TV?
If you are using Android TV, this virtual assistant can be irritating as well. The good thing is you can turn off the option by clicking a few options. If you want to turn off Google Assistant on Android TV OS, you need to follow these steps:
- Find the Google Assistant button on your remote controller and press it
- After pressing that button, you have to open the Menu
- There, go to the ‘Settings’ menu and turn off the ‘Google Assistant’ option
This is the easiest way to turn off this virtual assistant from your Android TV. Make sure you are following each point. If you want an alternative method, you can start your research online.
Finally, you know how to turn off Google Assistant on Android phones and tablets. We have shared the top three methods to complete this process. Hence, we have also covered how to turn off this virtual assistant on Android TV.
Make sure you are reading each point carefully before applying. For more details regarding this topic, you can start your research on the internet. Moreover, you can also watch some tutorial videos.