How to Set Up and Use a VPN?
VPN is used for Virtual Private Network, and it expresses the capacity to establish a secure network connection when using a public network. A VPN network is used to encrypt your internet traffic and hide your online identity. It makes it more difficult for third parties to track your online activity and steal your data. Encryption is done in real-time.
Why Should You Use a VPN?
Now, we will discuss the benefits of using a VPN network. Let us be familiar with the reasons in the following points.
- It is helpful to provide security in Public Wi-Fi space. Surfshark vpn download protects your data by banking information, hiding your browsing history account passwords.
- It uses for data privacy from third-party Apps and Services. VPN will control apps and websites from distributing your behavior to your computer’s IP address.
- The users can easily access any Content in any place using the VPN.
- VPN provides security when you are working remotely.
- Everyone case uses the VPN. It is very easy to use adds more security to our lives.
How to Setup a VPN in WINDOWS 10?
There are some steps to set up a VPN profile that you need to follow in the same sequence.
- Firstly, tap on the Windows button, then click on the Settings >> Network & Internet >> VPN.
- Now, tap on the Add a VPN connection.
- Now, choose Windows for your VPN provider from the menu. Set your VPN Connection name.
- Fill in the Server Name or address, VPN type, and log-in info.
- Then, click on the Save option.
- Now, move on Settings >> Network & Internet >> VPN, and tap on VPN name.
- Additionally, you can use Advanced Options to edit the connection properties and other options.
- Finally, hit the Connect option and enter a password if you have set it.
How to Setup a VPN in MACOS?
As with the other formats here, some apps automatically guide you through the setup process, but you can also do it yourself manually.
- Click on the System Preferences and select Network.
- Now, tap on the Plus-symbol button from the bottom left, and Choose VPN from the drop-down menu. Also, it would help if you chose VPN Type and Service Name.
- Then, click on to Create option and enter your details like server address, remote ID, and local ID.
- After that, tap on the Authentication Settings.
- Fill in your credentials for your VPN, and press the Ok button.
- Finally, it is connected to your device.
How to Setup a VPN in IOS?
There are simple steps to set up a VPN on your iOS device. Firstly, you need to download the application from App Store. Let us discuss the steps in the following coverage.
- Go to the Settings and click on the General option.
- Select the VPN, click on the Add VPN Configuration, and choose a security protocol.
- After that, click on the Add Configuration screen and add details like VPN’s description, server, remote ID, and local ID.
- Now, fill in the credentials, and use a proxy if you like.
- Finally, hit the Done option. Then, use the toggle button on the VPN.
How to Setup a VPN in Andriod?
In the previous section, we have discussed the VPN settings on iOS. It is not a hard task on the Android operating system. It has a very simple process. Also, you can easily implement the process manually.
- Firstly, go to the Settings, and then Network & Internet >> Advanced >> VPN.
- If you follow the process in a new phone, and you do not set a screen lock or password, then Google will prompt you to set one for your phone first.
- Here, create your VPN profile and Add the VPN name, type, and server address. Then, tap on the Save button.
- After that, you move on to the VPN screen and open VPN for putting your name and password for the VPN. Also, you can choose the save your account information and click on the connect after completing the process.
- Fill in your VPN name, server address, type, username, and password.
- Finally, hit the Save option to complete.
We have discussed the simple process of using the VPN in various file formats like Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android. VPN has used to hide your identity, and tasking processes are not possible if VPN is applied on your device. VPN is a good practice to use, and you have learned all the information to set up a VPN on the devices.